Pageviews last month

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 99-Holidays

Day 99 of Thanksgiving

Today, I am thankful for the December holiday season.  Since I was born so close to Christmas, and my brother's birthday falls on Christmas Eve, this has been, well, a "sketchy" subject for me over the years.  I joke about it now, but I always felt robbed this time of year.  But, the older I get, the happier this time of year gets for me.  It's almost like a week long festival, with two birthdays and Christmas all happening in a five day span  I don't think it would feel the same if I was born in March, June, or September. 

I am also thankful for all the paid holidays MIT is giving us this year.  We have back to back four day weekends for Christmas and New Years.  That makes it so much easier to kick back, relax and truly enjoy.  

Happy Merry!

"Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest." -- Larry Lorenzoni"

Christmas is a necessity.  There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves." -- Eric Sevareid


No comments:

Post a Comment