Pageviews last month

Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 105-Following Your Own Path

"Every time you don't follow your inner guidance, you feel a loss of energy, loss of power, a sense of spiritual deadness." -- Shakti Gawain

Today, I am thankful that I have the ability to be calm, still and be tuned in to my inner self.  I am appreciating the awareness that I already possess the guidance necessary to live a full and happy existence, all day every day.  My only job is to go by how I feel.  If I think a thought that gives me an optimistic, happy feeling, then I know that I am on the right path.  Conversely, if I think a thought that does not feel good, I can simply choose another one.  I don't try to STOP thinking about what doesn't feel good.  Instead, I redirect my focus on to something else.  In other words, I am learning how to make peace with the thoughts that I think and the circumstances in my life, knowing that I can choose my attitudes and beliefs about them.  I can motivate myself and be happy, or I can blame others and be miserable.  I am learning to let things be as they are.  I do not try to eradicate or eliminate what isn't pleasing.  I acknowledge, accept and release what doesn't suit me.

Both choices are mine and mine alone. 

I love knowing that.

All I need to do, is pay attention to how I feel.  
All I need to do is listen.  

"People are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of them." -- Epictetus 

No comments:

Post a Comment