Pageviews last month

Thursday, May 21, 2015

You Are Where You Need To Be

Sometimes, we tend to forget what it was like to be where we were when we dieted, purged, restricted and self-loathed.

More importantly, sometimes, we have contempt for our former selves...not wanting to accept that we could have been that lost, that confused, or that sick.

It's not so much that we forget...it's that we DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER.

Maybe we haven't forgiven that part of ourselves. Maybe it's something else entirely.

I think what I have been learning to do is to bless my journey instead of curse it. 

I never want to forget where I came from or what my impetus for change was. 

A wise person once told me we teach what we most need to learn. 

By staying connected to who I was at the height of my disordered thinking, I can be more compassionate and understanding to those who are at the height of theirs right now. 

I can remember that lots of people tried to talk me down at various points and I didn't have the ears to hear.

So, wherever you may be right now, know that it's exactly where you are meant to be.

Be proud of where you came from, who you are at this moment and joyfully anticipate the insights and wisdom that's waiting for you when you are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment