Pageviews last month

Friday, January 30, 2009

The thrill of victory...the agony of speedwork

So, I bounced back from my 16 miler in single digit temperatures (well, at least I "think" I did). I ran 4 miles indoors on Monday and did 1/2 mile intervals on the treadmill inbetween lifting weights on Tuesday.

We got yet ANOTHER snow/sleet/ice storm (hard to believe, I know) on Wednesday, so I decided to wave the white flag and take a rest day. It wasn't so bad, actually. I got to sleep later than usual, watched a movie starring Edward Norton and Colin Farrell and got some stuff done at home. Beats sitting in traffic.

I worked yesterday from 6-2, trained a client and then began psyching myself up for the treadmill, yet again. For the life of me, I can't remember where I put my headlamp and, well, running in the dark alone just freaks me out (ask any of my Reach the Beach teammates...they'll tell you).

I did a mile warm-up at an easy pace and then started my first 800 meter repeat (about a 1/2 mile). I've been very sporadic with speedwork since the summer, and figured it would be harder than usual. I was so RIGHT!!! Ugh! The plan was to do 6 of them @ 8.0 mph (about a 7:30/mile pace. I did 4 of them and was grateful that I didn't fall over DEAD!!!

After a long (very long, very slow) cooldown, I hydrated, stretched and headed home. All in all, I managed to crank out 6.5 miles which will only help me on April 20th, 2009.

I checked my personal fundraising webpage and was pleased to see a couple of more donations came in. I am now up to $855. For those who are reading and wish to donate, here is the link:

http://www.lazarushouse.org/BostonMarathon/ViewWalkerProfile.asp?Id=56

TGIF!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey teammate, you're living in the wrong place. It was 50 degrees at 0700 and I did 10 miles with a couple friends. At the finish, it was 66 degrees, warm enough to put my top down on the convertible. What a pleasant run down the Pacific Coast Highway through Carlsbad toward Leucadia, the sounds of waves crashing as we headed South. I cannot imagine what it must be like to train in cold weather. Keep on running and see you in April. Out of town Deborah.

    ReplyDelete