Pageviews last month

Saturday, April 18, 2015

You Are An Experiment Of One!

Remember, there are no absolutes in fitness and food. There is no ONE right way to move or eat, no matter what anyone tries to tell you.

I tried so many ways of eating and moving in the past 30 years. Whenever I would "go off plan", I would berate myself for having failed. It never occurred to me that perhaps the plan failed ME instead of the other way around.

Perhaps you have done the same thing.

Today, things are much different. Now, I move and eat the way I am inspired to. I experimented with lots of different ideas until I found a system that fits ME instead of trying to conform to a SYSTEM.  Turns out, I really DO love running.  I've done it for over 12 years and it seems to work for me.  It's the ultimate mind/body "moving meditation" activity, in my opinion.  There is nothing else I'd rather do more than run.  However, I'm under no illusions that it is THE only way to move.  Perhaps you prefer biking, or kickboxing, or yoga, or hiking.  Doesn't matter what it is.  The only thing that matters is that you DO it.  Period.

There is no ONE right way for all, but there is ONE right way for you. Keep trying. You'll find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment