Pageviews last month

Friday, April 10, 2015

Put Your Own Oxygen Mask On First

Never underestimate the importance of self-care, particularly if you are in a coaching, helping, healing or teaching profession. You expend a lot of energy being there for others, educating, helping navigate challenges, and just holding space for them to express themselves.

I love what I do. I'm thankful for the people I work for and with. It's very rewarding. But, sometimes, I need a break. Sometimes, I need to not be a coach or a co-worker or an employee or a trainer. Sometimes, I just need to be Cyndi puttering around the house, getting my hair done, sipping a margarita with a friend or sleeping in. Sometimes, I need to stay in my pj's until noon. Sometimes, I need to be away from anything fitness and health related. 

It's all okay and it's all important.

I was starting to feel a little frayed at the ends, and I knew a time out was in order. So, to that end, I am taking a FOUR DAY WEEKEND. Starting today, I'll be doing all of the activities described above, and then some, until Tuesday at noon when I report back for duty. I'm confident that I'll be energized, inspired, invigorated and refreshed.

How do you practice self-care?

No comments:

Post a Comment