Pageviews last month

Monday, February 2, 2009

Dashing through the snow...

I'm telling you, I couldn't make this stuff up if I TRIED.

So, Christine and I were planning on 18 miler for yesterday. She is like the "Mapmyrun" and "USATF" queen...she had our route done like two WEEKS ago, she was so excited..

Side note: This is the young lady who I ran 10 miles in that snowstorm with a few weeks back. Her idea, mostly, although I'm glad I succumbed to peer pressure.

Okay, now, back to our story.

So, we're running and talking, and running and sniffling and running and fueling. About 15.5 miles in, we turned on this road that was supposed to keep going. Um, it didn't. Yup, just stopped, with a big pile of snow at the end...like a dead end road. My running partner looks at me and says, "I swear the road kept going on the map. I SWEAR." So, Christine asked a couple of people who happened to be outside how to get to this road we were looking for since it appeared we were stuck. The husband (boyfriend, man of the house, whatever he was) says, "well, if you go down here, take a left, go to the end, take a another left, run down 102, blah, blah, blah...turn, turn, turn...there is the road. Or you just walk through the snow and follow the snowmobile tracks and there it is."

Hmmmmmm.

So, we look at each other and say, "okay, thanks" to the man. And we commenced climbing up the snow bank and started stomping through the woods in the snow. It went something like this "walk, walk, walk, SINK...walk, walk, walk, SINK..." It was like snowshoeing with ballet slippers on. Kinda made you suck wind in a different sort of way.

This went on for about 1/3-1/2 mile, we think...not too sure, because my GPS kept autopausing and autoresuming. It does this if you don't maintain a fast enough pace. Well, excuse meeeee.....

The good news was, we did find the road, we didn't fall down and break any bones and made it back to her house in once piece.

Next time, I am planning the long run. Love ya, Christine!

Just checked my page and I'm up to $1,105! If you haven't donated yet and are able to contribute, I could use your support! Go to:

http://www.lazarushouse.org/BostonMarathon/ViewWalkerProfile.asp?Id=56

No comments:

Post a Comment