Pageviews last month

Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 102-The Universe and the Red Car

Today, I am thankful for The Universe for being with me yesterday.

I started my car Tuesday night to go home from work (I have a 37 mile drive).  It started up a bit rough, but it had been sitting for 9 hours and it was cold out, so I didn't think too much of it.  I was also pretty low on gas, so I drove to the nearest gas station and filled the tank.  Once I finished, I got back in the car and started her up.  The tachometer was bouncing around a bit and the dashboard lights dimmed and brightened. 

I thought, "hmmm.  This is interesting."  But, after putting it in gear and getting on the highway, it seemed to be running okay, so I decided that, perhaps, it may have been a fluke.

Since Wednesday was my birthday, and I took the day off from work, the red car sat.  I enjoyed kicking back and relaxing for the good part of the day.  When the time came to go out, we went in my husband's car.

Yesterday, I fired up the red car to go to work.  It started, but roughly.  Like Tuesday night, the red car got me to my destination, but, upon pulling into my designated parking space, the tachometer started bugging out again and, this time, the oil light AND battery light came on.

And then, the engine just...stalled out.

I only had a four hour shift to work and wasn't sure what would happen with the car.  I called my husband and he thought it might be either the alternator or the battery.  He said that if I was able to get it started, just throw it in gear and GO...do not pass go, do not collect $200.  I turned the key and pleaded.  It started, but it took a little while.  I talked to her all the way home, coaxing, cajoling and probably begging a little bit, that she keep on running and get us home safely.

My wish was her command.  I pulled into my street and she died. 
Right there. 
Stalled out.
Less than a tenth of a mile from my driveway.


We got her started again just long enough to drive her up the hill and into 6 May Ray.  Michael did some investigating under the hood, added a little oil, and decided it would be best, if she would start just one more time, to get her to our local garage which, thankfully,was less than two miles away.  I followed him as he drove my car.  She coughed and sputtered a bit, but we got her there where she can get the TLC she needs.


I didn't need a ride.  I didn't need to call AAA.  I had the Universe guiding me along.


Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you!!!!


And thank you, Red Car.  She has over 189,000 miles and has been very, very good to me.  :-)


I am blessed.


"May you have warm words on a cool evening, a full moon on a dark night, and a smooth road all the way to your door." -- Irish Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment