Pageviews last month

Monday, December 19, 2011

98 Days and Counting: I'm Still Thankful

"Who does not thank for little will not thank for much." -- Estonian Proverb

On September 13th, I decided to make a new healthy habit:  I would give thanks for something every single day for an entire year.  Here is a link to the original post in case you missed it:  http://cyndilourunning.blogspot.com/2011/09/365-days-of-thanksgiving.html.  I'm happy to report that it has been going well.  For 95 consecutive days, I have made my facebook status update a declaration of something that I'm thankful for, focusing on finding new things to appreciate.

Then, on Friday, December 16th, after posting my daily "thankful", I decided I wanted to take a break from facebook for a while.  Don't get me wrong; I love social networking.  This site has been responsible for helping me to reconnect with some great people from my past, as well as formulate new relationships.  However, it's not without it's drama from time to time.  I'll spare you the details, but let's just say, it has temporarily lost its "feel good factor" with me.  I'm sure it'll pass and I'll feel the urge to go back to my interactive fb experience, but for now, I'm good with putting it on the shelf.

However, that does NOT mean that I have abandoned my experiment of thanksgiving.  In fact, one of my nearest and dearest friends, upon seeing my post about taking some time away, asked that I text her my daily "giving of thanks" (I guess I'm not the only one who is being inspired by this new positive habit).  For the past three days of being "facebook free", I have sent her my "Today, I am thankful for..."

Then, it occurred to me:  I don't NEED facebook to share my daily thankfuls; I have a blog, for heaven's sake.  Why not do it here?  

Below are my daily thankful posts that I have shared with my friend, Tracy, since my facebook break:

Saturday, December 17th, 2011
Today, I am thankful for all the hamburger that led me to the "steak" I have at home.  I love my husband.  :-)


Sunday, December 18th, 2011
Today, I am thankful for blue skies and brilliant sunshine.


Monday, December 19th, 2011
Today, I am thankful to be getting a break from early morning shifts.  This is my last 6 a.m. start for 2011.  I enjoy waking up when my body says it's time and, believe me, that is NOT always at 4:45 a.m.  :-)


I'll be posting everyday in the blog what I'm thankful for.  It may only be a couple of sentences, which is woefully short for a rambling girl like myself, but I can always add a second entry that day if I am inspired to share a story with those that have been following the 4R's.


Finally, I will share this on facebook everyday via the widget that I have on the blog so those who have been enjoying and/or commenting on the daily thankfuls can still take part in the process.  Plus, it will help keep me accountable to continue my daily devotional of appreciation while hoping to continue spreading love, joy and good karma to all I come in contact with.

May you have a blessed day and it's my profound hope that, you too, find something to be thankful for.

"Of course I look at the glass half full.  The only time I would look at it half empty is when I think about how good the first half tasted."  -- Drew Deyoung

No comments:

Post a Comment