Pageviews last month

Friday, May 13, 2011

Wrapping Up the Week

Making Conversation

One of our members (who might find me, um..."interesting") walked by the front desk on Monday, saying hello. I returned his greeting. He then asked, "did you have a nice Mother's Day?" Without thinking, I said, "I'm not a mother." I kinda think he was trying to just make conversation with me and I may have inadvertently embarrassed him. I just don't know how else I could have answered the question.

Taking Chances
I try to be a responsible runner whenever possible.  For example, I use crosswalks if I need to get to the other side of the street.  I used to stand there nervously until cars in both directions came to a complete stop and waved me on.  Now I just get in them and go.  I've had a couple of close calls.  However, I think the driver was more freaked out about it than I was.  Who says that running isn't a contact sport?

Watching
Sure I watch what I eat.  I watch it go from the plate to my mouth.  However, I stopped "watching my weight".  Cable TV is much more entertaining.

Advice
Another one of our members asked me what a particular ache & pain in her hand might be.  After I answered her question and suggested she do nothing to aggravate it, she countered, insisting that it didn't hurt "during lifting", only "after lifting".  It's always interesting to me when people want your advice/opinion and then, upon receiving it, want to debate with you.  I'm a personal trainer, not a politician.

Being Human
Anyone that's anyone knows that I view the glass as half-full, maintain a positive/optimistic outlook on life and strive to love all creatures.  However, even I know how liberating it can be to give someone "the finger".  We all have a 12 year old deep down inside that sneaks out every once in a while.  Kind of like when your toddler learns a curse word (from you, most likely) and you know you shouldn't laugh when they say it, but sometimes you just don't want to help yourself.

Priorities
I brought the red car into Sullivan Tire yesterday morning to have my passenger rear tire repaired.  The technician told me that yes, it was fixable, but I would need new tires soon.  I asked him how soon.  He asked me how often I replaced my tires.  I told him I wasn't sure, but I could tell him the last time I bought running shoes.  He chuckled.  Hey, I know what's important.

Time Out
I can use one.  I haven't stuck to my daily fifteen meditation period very consistently this week.  I realize that I don't feel badly about it because I shirked my duty/obligation.  I genuinely miss the quiet time.  Plus, I can feel my sarcastic inner child beginning to bubble up.  For that reason, I'm glad I missed a day or two.  Now I can begin anew, realizing just how important it really is.

Happy Weekend.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment